The Canberra Netball Association (CNA) has a strong tradition of growing netball athlete’s from young ages to senior levels.
CNA’s Junior Academy is a four-week development program for young netballers aged 9 to 12 (turning 12 that year not 12 turning 13). Vital skills development introduces these players to the demands of higher- level competition and preparation for CNA junior representative selection trials.
Junior Athletes develop their skills in:
- Playing and ball handling in both attack and defence
- Improving running technique and court coverage
- proprioception and communication skills
- Educational aspects during warm- ups and downs, importance of recovery, food, staying hydrated and being a team player
- The program wraps up with match play for athletes to showcase their developed skills and a overview session on our Junior Representative program for the following year. The program wraps up with some match play for athletes to showcase their developed skills.