Jam-packed with netball news, views, upcoming events and profiles. CNA’s ‘The Huddle’ is a quarterly newsletter that is widely enjoyed by the Canberra netball community.
NETBALL 2020 AND COVID-19
While restrictions are easing, our individual responsibilities have not – the nature of COVID-19 means that we must remain flexible and readily able to respond to the changing circumstances of the pandemic.
- ACT Government – current Stage and restrictions
- ACT Government – What you can and can’t do
- ACT Government – Symptoms and getting tested in the ACT
Return to Netball
As a district Association in the ACT, CNA is guided by Netball ACT and ACT Government overall plans and roadmap for a return to netball.
From 19 June 2020, the ACT entered Stage 2.2 for community sporting activity which saw the re-commencement of non-contact sports into competition and also increasing the number of people in groups to 100 in both indoor and outdoor areas.
- Return-to-Netball-in-the-ACT-Roadmap-V1.0 (1)
- ACT Netball 2.2 Return to Netball guidelines
- ACT Netball FAQ’s
Playing on CNA’s netball courts and being part of our programs
Please make yourself aware of COVID Safe Plan.
The NCNC Saturday competition is managed by CNA and BNA but both Associations do not manage any teams that enter the competition. Players, parents and spectators registered in teams via clubs/schools should make themselves aware of your club/school’s Covid safe plan.
General guidelines for NCNC Saturday competition:
- Court entry and exit will be via Entry A or B gate and Exit A or B gate and only 10 minutes prior to games – no crossing over between groups.
- Ensure you come ready to play i.e. drink bottles filled, jewelry out, fingernails cut, shoes and strapping done, have been to the toilet etc.
- “Get In, Play and Get out”: As soon as games have finished you will need to leave the courts via your exit gate.
- There is no canteen or BBQ at either venue.
Given stage 2.2 restrictions of 100 people in a group, entry to the courts will be restricted to only players, 1 coach, 2 umpires and 1 scorer (to score for both teams). For spectators watching from outside the netball gates, please ensure physical distancing of 1.5 metres.
Please remember those enforcing the rules on Saturday are VOLUNTEERS. They want your kids to be able to play; they’re mums and dads too. Please be respectful, be responsible, be kind, and be understanding.
Please be pro-active and aware of:
- COVID Safe Plan
- CNA COVID Safe Player Parent Induction Junior Reps
- Regular email updates from CNA
- Regular updates can be found on CNA Facebook and CNA Instagram and CNA State League Instagram – please check our socials regularly and pass on the social media addresses to others in our netball community that you feel need to be updated with CNA information.
Please subscribe to our newsletter to keep up to date with all information regarding CNA and surrounding Netball Competitions.
All information provided will be kept confidential. We will not disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent.